Re: CAY-1173 Expose QueryLogger invocations as events

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..sh.com.au)
Date: Tue Feb 10 2009 - 18:30:58 EST

    On 10/02/2009, at 2:14 AM, Anatol Lutski wrote:

    > Please check the main idea. If everything is right I add the same
    > logging for the rest of the actions.

    Without yet looking at your specific code, what are the specific use
    cases for this functionality? What is it that we'll be able to do that
    isn't possible today? It appears the functionality is focussed on
    performance measurement, but I wonder whether auditing should also be
    considered. You know, tracking which values have changed in each
    commit with some ability to associate the logging event with
    information from the context/session (such as user name).

    If this is purely an performance monitoring tool, it looks a little
    like the way SNMP works for networking equipment, and perhaps some
    internal counters should be maintained, for example with min/average/
    max query times, number of queries, etc.

    Ari

    ish
    http://www.ish.com.au
    phone +61 2 9550 5001 fax +61 2 9550 4001