Re: PropertyUtils compiled accesor for nested properties bug?

From: Kevin Menard (nirvdru..mail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 12 2009 - 10:39:02 EST

    Hi Damir,

    What's your jira ID. I can take a look at resetting your account.

    --
    Kevin

    On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 5:40 PM, Damir Bijuklic <damirbijukli..ahoo.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I have encountered a bug in PropertyUtils.createAccessor function. Currently it assumes nested properties are all based on the same class. > > So for example if I had User and Person objects in 1:1 relationship i could access (starting from user) "login" property, but could not access "toPerson.name" property beacause it assumes "name" is based on User, rather than Person. > > To fix it BeanAccessor should note propertyType from property descriptor, so it can be used when iterating path components in createAccessor(), after accessing first property. > > I would reopen CAY-945 or add a new ticket but jira won't let me log in or send me my password?? > > I can send a patch, but the code is quite trivial. > > > Thx > Damir > > >