Re: Moving SmartNamingStrategy out of modeler

From: Kevin Menard (nirvdru..mail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 17 2009 - 18:09:38 EDT

    On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 4:35 PM, Joseph Schmidt
    <joseph_schmidt7..ahoo.com>wrote:

    > A big advantage would be also the reduced size:
    > cayenne-nodeps.jar(Cayenne2) was 400k, so everybody could see that it's
    > much more lightweight than all other solutions. Now, cayenne-server.jar (in
    > Cayenne3) is 2MB - quite a jump in size, and now similar to hibernate3.jar
    > :(.

    That's really a personal preference, I guess. I don't know of anyone that
    really cares about the size of libraries any more. What I'm more concerned
    about is the usability factor. I hate having a large mixmatch of JARs in
    order to accomplish basic functionality. Prior to maven, I always used the
    fat Cayenne JAR just because I didn't want the headache of keeping track of
    all the smaller ones.

    --
    Kevin