Re: Non-physical delete... again

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Jun 03 2009 - 07:23:42 EDT

    Sorry for jumping the gun. Let me take it back for a moment. I was
    still trying to understand how do we present this feature to a user,
    and where it fits in the overall design. Now after this discussion, I
    am clear on the intention (I think), and more comfortable with the
    suggested concept and implementation.

    So intercepting things at the DataNode level is ok. I am +1 on that.

    One more question (you've probably thought it through already). The
    existing extension point for changing low level query behavior is
    DbAdapter.getAction(Query query, DataNode node). Should we build on
    that instead of adding another strategy to the DataNode? This seems
    particularly promising, since there is also a very common batch delete/
    update query - EJBQLQuery, that we'd need to handle. SQLAction
    overriding can apply to any kind of query.

    Thoughts?
    Andrus