maven-javadoc-plugin slowness

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Nov 03 2009 - 13:29:35 EST

    Not sure what happened and whether we used a different version of the
    javadoc plugin before, but the last couple of weeks doing a full
    Cayenne build is taking forever, with the following output generated
    for all the modules for which we don't have Javadocs:

    [INFO] Building Cayenne Documentation
    [INFO] task-segment: [clean, install]
    [INFO]
    INFO] The goal 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin:
    2.6:javadoc' has not be previously called for the project:
    'org.apache.cayenne.itests:pojo:jar:3.0B1'. Trying to invoke it...
    [INFO] The goal 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin:
    2.6:javadoc' has not be previously called for the project:
    'org.apache.cayenne.itests:jpa-chapter2:jar:3.0B1'. Trying to invoke
    it...
    [INFO] The goal 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin:
    2.6:javadoc' has not be previously called for the project:
    'org.apache.cayenne.itests:jpa-chapter3:jar:3.0B1'. Trying to invoke
    it...

    The actual JavaDocs generation for those modules that actually need it
    is rather fast, but the noop execution above is *extremely* slow.

    Andrus