Re: tests against other databases

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..aniatis.org)
Date: Mon Nov 16 2009 - 09:58:08 EST

    On 17/11/09 12:03 AM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:
    > On 10/11/09 11:43 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    >>
    >> On Nov 10, 2009, at 2:19 PM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:
    >>

    >>> * Is it trivial to remove the need for the file for derby/h2? If so we
    >>> can get those running now. The others still need co-operation from
    >>> infra.
    >>
    >> It should be fairly simple IIRC.
    >

    > Andrus or Olga, if it is simple, would you be able to make the following
    > changes:
    >
    > * rename 'cayenne.test.connection' to 'cayenneTestConnection' (Hudson
    > chokes on the variables with dots since it executes some of the relevant
    > scripts with Groovy).
    > * absorb the connection dictionary variables into the default config so
    > that we can run the tests against all Java dbs without needing any
    > external file. Even Derby can run with a completely in-memory database.
    >
    > If it is a bit of work, point me in the right direction and I'll take a
    > stab at it.

    Replying to my own email since I've done a little digging. It seems to me that the ConnectionProperties class should go away entirely, or else get moved to the unit tests. It does not really seem to have a place in the Cayenne core library. Moving it to the test packages will make the above work trivial...

    Any objections to getting rid of it?

    Ari

    --

    --------------------------> Aristedes Maniatis GPG fingerprint CBFB 84B4 738D 4E87 5E5C 5EFA EF6A 7D2E 3E49 102A