Re: IOC container

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Nov 16 2009 - 10:45:02 EST

    On Nov 16, 2009, at 4:43 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > I don't have all the details yet, but the container API will be
    > extended as needed to fit our needs. For now I am thinking that all
    > cases where we need to access objects by name, will be delegated to
    > Configuration and other objects outside container. The container may
    > store maps of all names, and Configuration will be a frontend to
    > read from those maps.

    I should also mention that I am not fully clear yet about a separation
    between the "container services" and "model objects" defined in the
    XML project. Certain things (such as JGroups configuration) do not
    belong in the project and should be re-classified as container
    services. DataDomain / DataNodes are somewhat in the middle. Their
    structure is defined by the user, but Cayenne injects all services
    they need to operate.

    Will need to play with it a bit more, but the direction is to keep the
    environment agnostic model (DataMap) separate from environment-
    specific stuff (access stack). Modeling access stack in the modeler is
    a nice shortcut to get people started, but doesn't address JEE
    environment complexity well.

    Andrus