Re: eclipse plugin for modeler

From: Khailenko Ksenia (xenia_khailenk..ut.by)
Date: Wed Mar 03 2010 - 11:40:03 EST

    Hi there!

    2010/3/3 Andrey Razumovsky <razumovsky.andre..mail.com>

    > (1) Can we have menu item Open With -> Cayenne Modeler so that user
    > wouldn't
    > have to choose "Other..." dialog every time?

    I've tried to do this but there is a problem that by default it's possible
    to add a restriction to the extension of the file opening by editor plugin.
    But sure, there should be solution for that and I intend to find it.

    (2). "Cayenne Project" item in "New" dialog would be a very good way to
    > create new projects.

    Yes, such an option is supported by the Click eclipse plugin for opening
    modeler and it should be supported by our plugin too.

    > (3). When saving dialog, irritating dialog popups saying that project files
    > were changed in on disk [in eclipse]. This is not correct as files were
    > changed in CM, so there must be a hack to override the behavior (e.g.
    > manual
    > changing dates in ProjectWatchdog FileInfo's)

    Just to clarify, do you see these popups at modeler or at eclipse? it should
    be updated at eclipse automatically without any promts. If this is referred
    to modeler - yes, I haven't changed default behavior, and it is "TODO" task

    > (4) Classgen dialogs are little irritating as well, especially if there are
    > no changes in classes themselves (e.g. chaging schema name). This is
    > actually a problem I've been facing for a long time, I think we need to
    > track changes of ObjEntities and show popup dialog if there are some (and
    > check only them). Also classgen dialogs show on top of validation errors,
    > not sure this is fine.

    Now the class generation works automatically on save and these dialogs allow
    user to cancel the genetating if there's no need at it, but ofcourse you are
    right and we should show popups only if we really need the generating

    > (5). If something else than datamap is selected in tree (e.g. dataNode),
    > project does not save

    I haven't seen this, it seems to be a bug

    --
    Regards, Ksenia Khailenko