Re: Local Object

From: Lachlan Deck (lachlan.dec..mail.com)
Date: Sat Jul 10 2010 - 10:40:16 UTC

    On 10/07/2010, at 2:12 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > On Jul 9, 2010, at 6:41 PM, Michael Gentry wrote:
    >
    >> I was thinking we'd add a utility type method for now.
    >
    > Cool.
    >
    >> I have no
    >> expectations of modifying 3.0 for this, but was thinking it might be
    >> good in the future to have something similar.
    >
    > I am sure we will. I am stumbling over 'localObject' pretty often myself. It has to be done better.

    What about adding to the Persistent interface or its direct implementations: CayenneDataObject / PersistentObject? i.e.,
    public <P extends Persistent> localObject(P object);

    Failing that, add it to the default velocity templates... or people can add it to their own in the meantime.

    with regards,

    --

    Lachlan Deck