Re: [question] Multiple flattened relationships in a single SelectQuery

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sun May 04 2003 - 18:37:41 EDT

    Laszlo,

    Since Craig, who did most of the original flattened relationships
    implementation, is moving to other things, I guess I might dig into
    this more myself. This does look like a query translator bug. This will
    take some time though, since I am working on many other things. Could
    you file this as a bug, so that we do not overlook it?

    I know the answer to the "DISTINCT" question though: any time the
    qualifier is built using "to-many" relationships, DISTINCT is enforced,
    since joining from primary key, will result in duplication of the root
    entity rows. There is no reason to bring them all to the client. Do you
    have any confirmation that DISTINCT leads to serious performance
    degradation?

    Thanks