Re: [newbie] cayenne & tapestry: how to validate form?

From: Dirk Olmes (dirk.olme..mx.de)
Date: Mon May 19 2003 - 21:33:27 EDT

    Tore Halset wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > I am new to both cayenne and tapestry and would like some input on how to
    > do form-validation. Is there a "best-practice" example anywhere?

    Not really. We discussed the validation stuff on the list and Holger and
    me put some initial effort into implementing DataContext events. They
    can be used to plug some validation logic on top of cayenne.

    > I guess the validation logic should be in or near my CayenneDataObjects.
    > Should I implement a validate-method or should the set's throw an
    > validationexception?

    I don't think this is a good idea. You definitely want validation to
    happen on a defined point in time, not arbitrarily when someone sets
    values on your DataObject.

    -dirk