Re: invalid console appender config...

From: Holger Hoffstätte (holge..izards.de)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 08:04:03 EDT

    Hei Tore :)

    Tore Halset wrote:

    > I am using JBoss-3.0.7_jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24, cayenne-1.0b2 and
    > tapestry-2.4-alpha-5.jar on win32 and get the following error:
    >
    > ERROR: invalid console appender config detected, console stream is looping
    >
    > Anyone knows how to get rid of that?

    Well, I guess configuring log4j correctly will do the trick. ;-)
    Seriously, AFAIK Tomcat tries to catch System.out, and if there are
    multiple appenders configured to log to the console it might get confused.
    Maybe you have a stale log4j.properties in your classpath before the
    correct one? How do you configure Cayenne?

    Holger