Re: invalid console appender config...

From: Tore Halset (halse..vv.ntnu.no)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 08:59:52 EDT

    On Wed, 21 May 2003, Holger Hoffstätte wrote:

    > Well, I guess configuring log4j correctly will do the trick. ;-)

    I guess so :)

    > Seriously, AFAIK Tomcat tries to catch System.out, and if there are
    > multiple appenders configured to log to the console it might get confused.
    > Maybe you have a stale log4j.properties in your classpath before the
    > correct one?

    Hmm. I am using a fresh install of jboss+tomcat. Logging from JBoss and my
    code using log4j works fine until I start initializing cayenne.

    > How do you configure Cayenne?

    Cayenne is working ok, except for the problem with logging.

    The problem start at the second line of the following initialization:

    Configuration.bootstrapSharedConfiguration(this.getClass());
    Configuration c = Configuration.getSharedConfiguration();
    DataContext dataContext = c.getDomain().createDataContext();

     - Tore.