AutoPKSupport

From: Martin Ruff (mruf..imeon.ch)
Date: Fri May 23 2003 - 04:02:05 EDT

    Hi,
    we have a application where we're using mysql together with cayenne.
    now there is a problem with the AUTO_PK_SUPPORT

    we have a database instance running on a linux server.
    My local dev. environment is a win2k eclipse with tomcat plugin

    When I run the application from my dev. environment everything with the
    AUTO_PK_SUPPORT works fine (i.e. I insert a value in table xx, the the
    next_id value from AUTO_PK_SUPPORT for table xx is taken as primary key
    and then incremented)

    But if I run the appliation on the linux machine (both my local and the
    linux version are the same application, since deployed from the same cvs
    tree and connect both to the same db) then the AUTO_PK_SUPPORT mechanism
    does not work, it always start with initial value 200 and not the value
    from AUTO_PK_SUPPORT table and also the next_id in AUTO_PK_SUPPORT is not
    updated!!
    I looked at the docu, but I do not have any idea why this can happen.
    martin

    Be the change you want to see in the world.