Re: pumping data: mssql->pgsql

From: Tomi NA (hefes..mail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 16 2006 - 15:01:31 EST

    On 2/16/06, Tore Halset <halse..vv.ntnu.no> wrote:

    > On Feb 16, 2006, at 15:33, Tomi NA wrote:
    >
    > > Really? It'll transfer keys to the target database, even though
    > > only the basic table structure in the target database is defined?
    >
    > Cayenne can be used to generate constraints for primary key and
    > forreign key if that info are defined in the cayenne model.
    >
    > http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/modelerguide/common-tasks/generate-
    > db.html

    I completely forgot about that....thanks. I can even script it if I want
    to...great!

    The model does not store info about additional indexes, but there are
    > at least one other person who wants it :)
    >
    > http://objectstyle.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=CAY-204

    Well, now there's two. Plus Andrus. :)
    Still, it's not a major issue at the moment.

    Well, cayenne dataport is realy nice. You should check it out.

    This is probably going to sound downright silly, but...how do you execute
    the dataport? I should just drop something like

    <taskdef name="cdataport"
    classname="org.objectstyle.cayenne.tools.DataPortTask">
         <classpath refid="classpath"/>
    </taskdef>
    <cdataport projectFile="subdir/cayenne.xml" srcNode="ProductionNode"
    destNode="DevNode" excludeTables="BILL_*"/>

    into an xml file and give the command ant cdataport? Glimpsing at ant
    on-line documentation, it seems I'd have to add code arround the above
    snippet - don't have a clue as to what, I'm sorry to say. Given a folder
    containing cayenne.xml, node and map files, what is the minimum ant
    definition that would allow using cdataport?
    It could be contributed to
    http://objectstyle.org/confluence/display/CAYDOC/cdataport
    at some point.

    Regards,