Re: [solved] Re: Cayenne.xml not found.

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2006 - 10:35:26 EDT

    On Apr 4, 2006, at 6:20 PM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:

    > You don't want to use something like this "c:/myPath/Cayenne.xml"
    > because it won't work when you go to deploy your application on an
    > application server.

    Yep. That'll be asking for trouble.

    I've never used J2EE packaging of WO apps, so I am not sure how its
    class loading works internally, but I would expect WO to "flatten"
    all resources into the container application ClassLoader. Hence
    standard Cayenne deployment should work and the presence of jars in
    the Resources/Java smells like red herring (so, yes I was wrong and
    Mike is right).

    Andrus