Re: upgrading to 1.2B1

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2006 - 15:19:10 EDT

    On Apr 7, 2006, at 10:41 PM, Bryan Lewis wrote:
    > 1. GenericSelectQuery is deprecated. The javadocs say to replace it
    > with SelectInfo which seems to be a name that no longer exists. It
    > should probably say QueryMetadata.

    Good catch - just updated the docs.

    > 2. I had a line of code in a copy of the DataPort example:
    > select.setRoot(entity). The javadocs say that setRoot() is deprecated
    > and to access root via getMetaData(). I don't see how to setRoot()
    > that
    > way. (I saw BaseQueryMetadata.resolve() but that seems rather
    > round-about and it's not a public method anyway.)

    The entire concept of "query root" is deprecated (i.e. Cayenne access
    stack no longer cares whether a query has a root or not), so
    'setRoot' is deprecated in the Query interface. However queries that
    inherit from AbstractQuery still have undeprecated "setRoot" method.
    Those are the queries where root still makes sense.

    Andrus