referential integrity errors

From: Bryan Lewis (brya..aine.rr.com)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2006 - 17:43:10 EDT

    We occasionally get referential integrity errors from some old legacy
    data in our database. In our old WebObjects days such errors were
    basically ignored. When we converted to Cayenne, I duplicated the old
    behavior by overriding resolveFault() in our DataObject superclass.

    Now that method has moved to DataContext.prepareForAccess() which isn't
    as easy to override, so I thought this is a good time to ask... what's
    the preferred way to catch these errors in a less drastic way than
    throwing a runtime exception? Thanks.