Object Creation and Settings Ids

From: Dave Merrin (dmerri..pasystems.co.uk)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2006 - 06:02:42 EDT

    Hi,

    Given a new object I'd like to be able to set on of the properties (a 'to'
    property) without having the other object(only the ID). e.g.

    Item is the object I'm creating. It has a property called ItemType which is
    another object. I have the ItemType ID but not the actual object. I'd like
    to have a method called Item.setItemTypeID(Long itemTypeId).

    Is this possible?

    Cheers,

    Dave