caching persistent objects

From: Cypher ! (cypher6..otmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 26 2006 - 19:46:29 EDT

    Hi
    In am using the latest version Cayenne with Tapestry 4 on Oracle and deploying as a servlet to Tomcat 5. I have set up a filter for creating the DataContext. The problem I am having is the application is hitting the database for virtually every request and not caching any data at all. The QueryLogger is displaying all the database fetches and when a new session is created, the application continues to start from scratch so to speak.
    How do I enable shared caching and other types of caching and how do I turn the QueryLogger on and off? I have taken a look at the document on the Cayenne website but that detailed query caching. i am looking to apply application caching of persistent data.
    Many thanks for your help.