Re: reverse engineering a postgresql database: no relationships detected?

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sun Apr 30 2006 - 15:39:41 EDT

    On Apr 30, 2006, at 3:19 PM, Tomi NA wrote:
    > Of the top of my head, I can suggest xstream as an (as far as I've
    > used it) a great serialization engine.

    Good idea. Serializing preferences to XML may be a better solution.
    Embedded HSQLDB proved to be too unreliable. And I guess we can use
    XSLT transforms to version the preferences.

    I've heard good things about XStream, but since Cayenne has its own
    XML coder, I'd say we'll stick with it (you know - all that stuff
    about eating your own dog food :-)). Decoder worked great for the JPA
    stuff I am doing now. Haven't tested the encoder that much yet.

    >> While I can't say when I'll be able to look into this, we can make it
    >> easier for the users to write (and contribute) modeler extensions.
    >> There are plans to switch Modeler to plugin architecture past 1.2.
    >> What I can do now is create a wrapper plugin environment around the
    >> 1.2 Modeler code in the Apache repository. If that works you'll be
    >> able to write your own merger code and use it without waiting for us
    >> to catch up with the Modeler tasks backlog.
    >
    > Any mode of extensibility would be more than welcome.
    > I found a discussion on the topic I feel it's time to mention again:
    > the modeler and it's target development model (community based) are
    > perfectly suited to facilitate extensions and enable users like me to
    > get the job done without having to work with the modeler source itself
    > and possibly, along the way, help others with similar problems.

    This an fixing anonymous access so that people could submit patches.
    Another week of SourceForge downtime and I am going to suggest moving
    the 1.2 repo to Apache (without package name conversion of course).

    Andrus