Re: Generating primary key locally without extra tables

From: Tore Halset (halse..vv.ntnu.no)
Date: Wed Jun 21 2006 - 10:19:19 EDT

    On Jun 21, 2006, at 15:16, Øyvind Harboe wrote:

    > If I can have an MSAccess & Oracle & MS SQL adapter that supports
    > server generated keys, then that will also solve my problems.

    So, after your MSAccess-work, it does support generated keys. MS SQL
    Server adapter works with generated keys if you use jtds. I have not
    used the oracle adapter, but it does not look like it supports
    generated keys.

    Looks like (googling) the Oracle jdbc driver does not support
    generated keys either. Perhaps you can create a separate PkGenerator
    that uses the max()+1 hack just for oracle?

      - Tore.