Re: PostgreSQL interval type handling?

From: Arturo Pérez (apere..ayesinc.com)
Date: Thu Sep 28 2006 - 21:02:49 EDT

    In article <93AA8947-C43F-42A7-8EA5-86629FBBF94..bjectstyle.org>,
     Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:

    > Hi Arturo,
    >
    > Yes, you'd need a custom ExtendedType to handle that. Those work just
    > fine. So as long as you can figure out how to read and write
    > "interval" via JDBC, you should be fine.
    >
    > Andrus
    >

    > On Sep 20, 2006, at 11:20 PM, Arturo Pérez wrote:
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > I would like to use the PostgreSQL interval type in Cayenne.
    > > Do I need to create a custom type? If so, are there any gotchas?
    > >
    > > tia,
    > > arturo

    OK. Turns out that the JDBC driver for PostgreSQL has a PGInterval
    type. I set the class attribute to that type
    (org.postgresql.util.PGinterval) and the Java code was generated
    correctly. I haven't run it yet, though. Is there anything else I
    should do?

    There any dragons lurking in there that I should be aware of?

    tia,
    arturo