Re: The right way to populate meaningful keys

From: Michael Gentry (mgentr..asslight.net)
Date: Thu Jul 30 2009 - 10:08:27 EDT

    Cayenne, by default, doesn't map keys from the DbEntity (database
    definition) to the ObjEntity (Java definition), but you can go into
    the ObjEntity and add them and it should be fine. After you do that,
    just call the set/get methods for the keys to set/get them. If you
    set a key on a new object before you commitChanges(), Cayenne will use
    your key instead of trying to generate one.

    mrg