Retrieving Records for a range of primary keys

From: Hans Pikkemaat (h.pikkemaa..si-solutions.nl)
Date: Thu Dec 17 2009 - 07:46:27 EST

    Hi,

    Some paginated mechanisms are based on a persistence layer to be able to
    retrieve records for a range of primary keys.

    I know it is possible to insert the primary key field in the definition
    but then I'm also required to populate it
    when I create a record. I'm using a sequence generator to determine the
    key value of a new record.

    So my question is: without having to insert the key field in the
    definition, is it possible to query the table
    by primary key range, and if yes, how?

    tx

    Hans Pikkemaat