Re: DataObject as Beans possible?

From: Michael Gentry (mgentr..asslight.net)
Date: Thu Dec 31 2009 - 17:39:55 EST

    Keep in mind Cayenne objects are designed to work in a DataContext as
    it tracks changes, etc. It is best to create them in the DC even if
    you never persist them later (you can throw the DC away if you want).
    Cayenne creates temporary IDs for objects and because you didn't
    create it in the DC, the ID is probably null and that's why you are
    getting the NPE. (At least that is my first guess.)

    I use my Cayenne objects (the non-underscore) ones as beans,
    essentially, often. Works just fine, but I always create them in the
    DC, too. I also put my business logic in the non-underscore classes,
    too. No issues with that.

    mrg