WOProject structure reorg, etc.

From: Andrus (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Jun 24 2002 - 20:36:23 EDT

    [BUG FIXES]

    I just applied patches submitted by Geoff and fixed a few cosmetic things I
    found on my own.

    [STRUCTURE REORG]

    I just did a minor reorganization of WOProject structure:

    1. Split one huge master buildfile into a few smaller ones. build.xml is
    still a facade to them, I just hid the irrelevant targets.

    2. Resources (like Info.plist templates) are now organized by task in
    subdirectories that are included in a JAR.

    [WOApplication SUGGESTIONS]

    It seems like it is relatively easy to build framework classpath for the
    applications. What I suggest is a nested "framework" tag within the
    "woapplication" tag. Path is defined relative to 3 possible places: WOROOT
    (normally NEXT_ROOT?), LOCALROOT and HOMEROOT. From the Ant perspective it
    is irrelevant how they resolve to the actual directories. So I suggest the
    following possible formats of nested "framework" tag:

    <!-- if "base" ommitted, WOROOT is used -->
    <!-- if "path" ommitted, /Library/Frameworks -->
    <framework name="xyz"/>
    <framework name="xyz" base="home|wo|local"/>
    <framework name="xyz" base="home|wo|local" path="/a/b/c"/>

    <!-- base must be defined -->
    <framework base="home|wo|local"/>
        <include name="**/*.framework"/>
    </framework>

    I already started on some code that would generate the run scripts for
    applications. I'd like to hear comments and suggestions on that before I
    start doing more code.