Eclipse integration for WOProject

From: Ulrich Köster (ul..ac.com)
Date: Wed Jul 03 2002 - 02:49:25 EDT

    Hi,

    I have done some work for using WOProject within Eclipse. Its called
    wolips. Now its gone to opened and I hope it find its place within
    WOProject. There were a further private discussion with andrus and he
    suggested to make it a public.

    Thread summary:

    1. How to integrate the wolips into WOProject existing build process?
    Andrus suggested this source structure for wolips under WOProject:

    woproject/
       src/
         java/
         [wolips]/
            [org/objectstyle/woproject/wolips/*.java]

         resources
            [wolips]
                [icons]
                [templates]
       xdocs/
         [wolips]

    Currently wolips is a Eclipse plugin project using a lot of jars from
    Eclipse. It´s easy to build it from within Eclipse. To provide a binary
    distribution the build is handled by an ant script.(Which currently
    requires Eclipse). Eclipse itself gives a lot of support for building
    plugins so it should stay as a Eclipse plugin project. A new root folder
    for wolips?

    2. It looks like we need to different distros - woproject.tar.gz and
    wolips.tar.gz

    3. Currently wolips supports the creation and building of WOFrameworks.
    WOApplication support should be one of the next goals. (Generating java
    classes from an EOModel is a work in progress.)

    Ulrich