Re: Suggested changes to woproject

From: Juan J. Collas (jcolla..oreira.com)
Date: Thu Aug 08 2002 - 16:03:52 EDT

    Andrus,

    The way it's presently done, a single-folder app can still depend on
    external frameworks and jars (you can have multiple framework subtasks, some
    with the embed="true" flag and some not).

    This way, it's up to the build.xml writer to determine the structure of the
    application, which resources are shared and which are embedded. If you have
    the notion of a WOStandAlone task, this capability is lost.

    Also, you shouldn't need a WOWar task, since ant already supports building
    of war files (I'm not sure what syntactic sugar you'll need to embed the jsp
    support code).

    I guess my vote is to not factor the functionality into a different subtask.
    I've cc'd Reimer Mellin in, he may have different thoughts than me :-)

    Thanks,

    Juan