Re: FrameworkSet questions

From: tblanchar..ac.com
Date: Tue Aug 13 2002 - 12:48:41 EDT

    OK, I thought I'd chime in and share what we're doing.

    I've declared ANT_OPTS="-DBaseProperties=${user.home}/.antproperties"

    Then my standard init task always includes the line
    <property file="${BaseProperties}"/>

    My BaseProperties file defines the usual interesting stuff:

    system.library="/System/Library"
    system.library.frameworks=${system.library}/Frameworks
    local.library=/Library
    local.library.frameworks=${local.library}/Frameworks
    user.library=${user.home}/Library
    user.library.frameworks=${user.library}/Frameworks
    install=/Projects/MrTed/Library
    install.frameworks=${install}/Frameworks
    install.webapplications=${install}/WebApplications
    build.root=${user.home}/Temp
    build=${build.root}/${ant.project.name}.build
    src=${basedir}
    etc...

    Each user can fudge this file around to his heart's content to rearrange
    his life.
    We'll develop a standard one for OSX and one for Windows.
    All targets in the ant files are defined in terms of these vars.
    Its working really well so far and its based on standard ant
    capabilities.

    If we just make sure things are defined in terms of variable properties
    read from a file, then we don't have to build in a bunch of knowledge
    about a particular WO installation.