Re: FrameworkSet questions

From: Andrus (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Aug 13 2002 - 13:01:20 EDT

    At 06:53 PM 8/13/2002 +0200, tblanchar..ac.com wrote:
    >This is an OK hack. But its only required because root is defined as type
    >String.
    >
    >If root were defined as File, this test would be unnecessary.
    >
    >Actually, that's sort of why I think WOProject should just use a regular
    >DirSet pre-configured to look for *.framework. Then we could do away with
    >root and all the code that tries to figure out your installation.

    The *ONLY* reason for using properties and custom sets is to correctly
    build all those CLASSPATH.TXT, etc. files. If not for those, we could get
    away without customizing framework set. (Deploying using "standalone"
    approach will work without it as well:)

    http://objectstyle.org/woproject/lists/woproject-dev/2002/08/0004.html

    Anyway, do you see a way to create CLASSPATH.TXT without messing up with
    roots?

    The only way I see is to use absolute paths, which is not desirable, since
    the build becomes non-portable across machines.

    Andrus