Re: [WOLips docs]

From: Ulrich Köster (ul..ac.com)
Date: Fri Aug 16 2002 - 13:53:10 EDT

    After all changes you can still build it with ant. Just want to make
    both things possible.

    Currently I`ll have to save my changes in Eclipse, quit Eclipse., launch
    ant, copy the dist to the plugins folder and restart Eclipse. Just
    clicking run new workbench will help to save a lot of time.

    The .classpath file supports var`s, relative and absolute paths. So if
    only var's are used, this should not be a problem. And it's much easier
    as adding them by hand.

    Adding the woproject.jar by hand is okay.

    I`ll add the set up instructions to the readme. Later this goes to the
    xdocs.

    Am Freitag den, 16. August 2002, um 18:29, schrieb Andrus:

    > At 05:45 PM 8/16/2002 +0200, Ulrich Köster wrote:
    >> There `s a problem with. What if somebody wanna uses these
    >> features? :-) My plan is to delete the resources folder and put it`s
    >> contents direct under wolips, add a lib folder with woproject.jar and
    >> add .project .classpath to it.
    >>
    >> After this changes it`s possible to check out the wolips folder and
    >> use it as a Eclipse project.
    >>
    >> The docs can be under xdocs.
    >>
    >> Everybody seeing problems?
    >
    > As long as I can still compile it with Ant, I don't see a problem
    > reorganizing. I have the following concerns though:
    >
    > 1. Eclipse .classpath file uses absolute path to JARs. This means it
    > can't go to CVS - developers must create it locally and never share. To
    > prevent CVS from complaining, I'd rather put it in .cvsignore.
    >
    > 2. I am against checking in precompiled woproject.jar to CVS. We must
    > ensure that WOLips runs with the latest WOProject code.
    >
    > But of course we can document the steps needed to setup WOProject
    > development environment in Eclipse. The steps are very simple indeed,
    > and are required only once.
    >
    > Andrus

    Mit freundlichen Grüßen

    Ulrich Köster