Re: [WOLips docs]

From: Harald Niesche (haral..heCo.de)
Date: Fri Aug 16 2002 - 14:42:40 EDT

    Andrus wrote:
    <<1. Eclipse .classpath file uses absolute path to JARs. This means it can't
    go to CVS - developers must create it locally and never share. To prevent
    CVS from complaining, I'd rather put it in .cvsignore.>>

    No, please don't! There is no need for the JAR files to be referenced via
    absolute paths -- create a variable and extend that to point at the jar
    files.

    When you check the JARs into CVS, you can also use "Internal JAR" References
    so that the .classpath works for everyone checking the project out (I prefer
    that setup in CVS anyway, because it's easier to get a working version and
    otherwise you can't really track changing third party libraries).

    <<But of course we can document the steps needed to setup WOProject
    development environment in Eclipse. The steps are very simple indeed, and
    are required only once.>>

    That would be a nice first step -- and maybe the build.xml could be made to
    also work with the Ant version that is included in Eclipse...

    Harald