Re: WOLips direction and feedback

From: uli (ul..ac.com)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 09:17:57 EDT

    Am Dienstag, 03.09.02, um 12:54 Uhr (Europe/Berlin) schrieb Felix Franz:

    > On Montag, September 2, 2002, at 06:08 Uhr, uli wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> sorry I was really busy the last days. So there was no time to look
    >> at the sources I've got. I will take a look at it the next days.
    >>
    >> direction
    >>
    >> - Has somebody the time to finish the build of WOApplications?
    >> - Should there be a ant script in the project(WOFramework or
    >> WOApplication) or is it okay to use the ones in the plugin?
    >
    > I would prefer a visible ant-script.
    Okay 3:0 for a visible script.

    >> - Has somebody the time to implement a way to get a correct
    >> wocomponent java class(with imports and superclass wocomponent)
    >> instead of a subclass from Object.
    >> - Any sugestions what should be changed/implemented?
    >>

    >> feedback
    >>
    >> -Does the plugin now works under Windows?
    >> -There was not to much feedback about problems so I guess all the
    >> stuff work as expected. :-) So please provide feedback.
    >>

    > after the long struggle to get it working (thanks uli!), I have only
    > minor problems. Sometimes the WOLips-menu entry in the project-root
    > context-menu disappears. WOLips is still working (I can use the WO*
    > wizards). I don't have a clue why this is happening
    > (does eclipse use a log-file?).

    I have seen this behavior under windows but can`t explain it. On MacOSX
    you can use the Concole.app. On Windows you can launch the Plugin
    directly in the PDE. The log is under workspace/.metadata/.log. May be
    there should be a debug option.

    In an older version the Menu is only working under the resource view.
    It should now be available under the java views.

    > The WOBuilder-integration runs fine, but I only see the first level in
    > the lower pane (the WOComponent key's and actions). I once had the
    > same problem with PB, maybe it's
    > a WOBuilder bug.

    This is a feature in WOBuilder. It`s great. :-)
    In the java class just change the imports to

    import com.webobjects.foundation.*;
    import com.webobjects.appserver.*;
    import com.webobjects.eocontrol.*;
    import com.webobjects.eoaccess.*;

    and you will see the application and the session in WOBuilder.

    > I use it on OSX 10.2, Eclipse 2.0.1 build 200208150800.
    >
    > With best regards, and thanks for the good work...
    >

    > felix

    Thanks for the feedback.

    Ulrich