Re: running WOProject with WebObject 5.0.3

From: Colin Clark (colinclar..ac.com)
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 13:27:15 EDT

    Hi Andrus and Dieter,

    As far as I know, the 5.1 and 5.0 package structure and deployment
    environment are identical. There were a handful of API-level and a lot
    of bug fixes, but it if you're doing standard WebObjects deployment
    (ie. not in a servlet container), you shouldn't notice any differences.

    Although I no longer have a 5.0 setup to try it, I would expect that
    woproject will work fine with WebObjects 5.0.

    Hope that helps,

    Colin

    On Thursday, September 12, 2002, at 04:11 PM, andru..bjectstyle.org
    wrote:

    > Hi Dieter,
    > I totally skipped 5.0 and jumped directly from 4.5 to 5.1, so I maybe
    > unaware of the details. But I would think that WOProject should work
    > with 5.0. I don't think the deployed structure has changed at all. (Or
    > did it? Anyone else has any experience with 5.0?)
    > I guess the best way to check it out is to simply try it. Let us know
    > the results.
    > Andrus
    >
    > Dieter Knaus writes:
    >> Hi, could you please tell me, if it's possible to run the
    >> woproject-task for webobject version 5.03?
    >> are there any restrictions, implications?
    >> or doesn't it work at all?
    >> or would it be better to upgrade to WO5.1? what would i need to
    >> change in my projects then? thank you for helping,
    >> WO-newbie dieter

    ---
    Colin Clark
    Dynamic Web/Database Developer
    Resource Centre for Academic Technology,
    University of Toronto
    (416) 946-7592 / colin.clar..toronto.ca