Fwd: PB on windows: having .java files in directories

From: Kaj Hejer (kaj.heje..sit.uio.no)
Date: Fri Sep 20 2002 - 12:19:14 EDT

    Hi!

    I'm forwarding this message to this list because I'm cc'ing an answer to
    this one to woproject-de..bjectstyle.org.

    --- begin forwarded text

    To: webobjects-de..mnigroup.com
    From: Kaj Hejer <kaj.heje..sit.uio.no>
    Subject: PB on windows: having .java files in directories
    Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 17:56:39 +0200

    Hi!

    Is is possible to have javafiles in separate directories when using
    ProjectBuilder (WO5.1.3) on windows?

    I ask because we created a WO project on osx and moved the javafiles into
    different directories in the the projectdirectory:

    myproject/ui
    myproject/tests
    myproject/eo
    myproject/app

    (something like the way it is done in http://sourceforge.net/projects/wobb/)

    This is a project where we having developers both on windows and osx. After
    creating this project on osx we needed to have projectfiles for
    projectBuilder on windows too.

    So, we created a new WO project on windows, copied the directories listed
    above and the rest of the stuff from the osx projectdirectory into the new
    projectdirectory on windows and added the java-files in directories listed
    above to the new project from ProjectBuilder on windows.

    After doing this we discovered that ProjectBuilder on windows had copied
    each file to the top of the project, f.x. myproject/app/Controller.java was
    copied to myproject/Controller.java.

    1)
    Is it possible to have files in a directorystructure like the one described
    above when using ProjectBuilder on windows?

    2)
    Did we do anything wrong in the way we created the projectfiles on windows?
    I think we have done this the same way earlier without any problems, but
    then we didn't put the javafiles into directories.

    -Kaj :)