Re: Jar name not lowercased

From: Anjo Krank (a..rnet.de)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 07:09:51 EDT

    Am Mittwoch, 02.10.02, um 12:56 Uhr (Europe/Zurich) schrieb Anders
    Peterson:

    > On onsdag, okt 2, 2002, at 10:28 Europe/Stockholm, Anjo Krank wrote:
    >
    >> Is there a good reason why the names of the jar for an app-build is
    >> lowercased?
    >
    > http://java.sun.com/docs/codeconv/html/CodeConventions.doc8.html#367

    So? Where is a mention of jar files on this page?

      The problem is that the naming isn't stringently maintained, WO
    sometimes has uppercase and sometimes lowercase names.

    Also, building on OSX is very confusing, especially since you can't
    rename a file from "Foo" to "foo" because they are considered the same.
    So you run into all sorts of problems when you build some parts with
    PBX and some parts with ant.

    I'd prefer to have at least some control over the naming, so having an
    extra "jarName" parameter that defaults to the app name (with cases)
    would be good.