WOLips Wizard problem

From: Ian McDougall (ian.mcdougal..mode.com)
Date: Fri Oct 18 2002 - 14:09:55 EDT

    Before I get to my problem, let me say what a great job the entire
    WOProject/WOLips team is doing. I'm amazed that after 4 years of WO
    development I can finally use a decent debugger. ;)

    Eclipse 2.0.1, WOLips 0.8.9

    I'm running into a problem when trying to create with any of the WOLips
    wizards. I get an error box with no message, and the following in the log
    file:

    ---
    !ENTRY org.objectstyle.wolips 4 4 Oct 18, 2002 11:59:39.661
    !MESSAGE Internal Error
    !STACK 0
    javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider
    org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl not found
    	at
    javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance(DocumentBuilderFactory.
    java:99)
    	at org.objectstyle.wolips.WOLipsPlugin.documentBuilder(Unknown Source)
    	at
    org.objectstyle.wolips.wizards.WOProjectCreator.getProjectTemplateDocument(U
    nknown Source)
    	at org.objectstyle.wolips.wizards.WOProjectCreator.run(Unknown Source)
    	at
    org.objectstyle.wolips.wizards.WOSubprojectCreator.createSubproject(Unknown
    Source)
    	at org.objectstyle.wolips.wizards.WOSubprojectCreator.run(Unknown Source)
    	at
    org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyDelegatingOperation.execute(WorkspaceM
    odifyDelegatingOperation.java:39)
    	at
    org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation$1.run(WorkspaceModifyOperati
    on.java:64)
    	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1378)
    	at
    org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation
    .java:78)
    	at
    org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.jav
    a:299)
    	at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:249)
    	at
    org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(ProgressMonitorDialog.ja
    va:376)
    	at
    org.objectstyle.wolips.wizards.WizardNewWOResourcePage.createResourceOperati
    on(Unknown Source)
    	at
    org.objectstyle.wolips.wizards.WOSubprojectCreationPage.createSubproject(Unk
    nown Source)
    	at
    org.objectstyle.wolips.wizards.WOSubprojectCreationWizard.performFinish(Unkn
    own Source)
    	at
    org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:577)
    	at
    org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:312)
    ---
    It looks like org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl cannot be
    found. I've reinstalled Eclipse, reinstalled WOLips, and tried just about
    everything I can think of to try and eliminate a problem that I may have
    caused.

    Has anyone else experienced this issue, or have any suggestions how to resolve this? Please don't make me launch ProjectBuilderWO!

    Thanks

    --- Ian McDougall ian.mcdougal..mode.com