Re: New committer - Anjo Krank

From: Anjo Krank (anjo.kran..-online.de)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 12:41:13 EDT

    Hi everybody,

    Am Donnerstag, 24.10.02, um 18:16 Uhr (Europe/Berlin) schrieb Andrus
    Adamchik:

    > Andrus Adamchik writes:
    >> Like before, we need lazy consensus on that. So please cast your vote.
    >
    > Looks like we have the approval. Anjo, welcome to WOProject :-)
    > I just added "anjo" handle to the list of project developers, so you
    > can commit your latest patches. Let me know if you need any help from
    > me.

    Thanks a lot for accepting me as a commiter:)

    As you may already know, Project Wonder is the arguably greatest open
    source effort for WebObjects and we are very commited (and pretty
    succesful) to have full Ant build support for the whole of it. In fact,
    right now Ant builds are easier, faster and more bug-free than using
    PBX.

    This would not have been possible without WOProject, so I really want
    to thank Andrus for the great job he has done with it and I'm sorry
    that his time does not allow to stay as maintainer for it.

    As to the patches I'm about to ship in:

    - Wonder has the ERXCompilerProxy, a class that tries to remedy the
    missing WebScript turnaround mode in WO 5. It does this by compiling
    changed classes into the app-wrappers java, so when you stop your app,
    it needs to find those classes upon the next start. Therefore the first
    line in the classpath's the needs to be

       APPROOT/Resources/Java/

    Ultimately, this will allow the CompilerProxy to be used with windows
    (although I wouldn't hold my breath waiting)

    - the WOApplication target now also allows for <lib> sets, which get
    copied - and not merged - to the app-wrapper's Resources/Java. Much
    faster.

    - the <framework> tag now has a 'if="some.property.name"' tag. This
    allows for very generic builds. At the Wonder project, we'll need only
    one <woapplication> and <woframework> setup for every subproject - and
    that's quite a lot. So the build process can be more property-driven.

    - I also made a fix so that the order of the frameworks in the app's
    classpath is preserved. This is important where you want patches to
    existing classes to appear before the originals.

    Next on my list (with no timeframe set):

    - Servlet support (write out the XML needed for deployment)

    I hope you'll like the patches and find them useful. And I'd like to
    take the opportunity to recommend that you try out Wonder:)

      http://wonder.sourceforge.net/

    Cheers, Anjo