[OT] problem with eclipse code assist

From: Ian McDougall (ian.mcdougal..mode.com)
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 12:56:37 EDT

    I'm really sorry that this is off topic, but I haven't been able to find any
    info on this problem.

    Win2k, Eclipse 2.0.1

    Everytime I invoke code assist (i.e. ctrl-space) I must hit tab in order to
    access the list of functions. Sometimes a function will invoke an
    additional JavaDoc popup, so I must hit EXC to exit that window, then TAB to
    access the function list. This is inconvenient, yet better than PBWO.

    The real problem is when I access the list of functions. I have a limited
    amount of time (~1/2 sec) after I stop on a function before the function
    list disappears and pops me into another program (!).

    I'm guessing this isn't the default Eclipse behavior.

    Has anyone else experienced this issue? I've been scouring the mailing
    lists and newsgroups at eclipse.org, but no luck. Are there any mailing
    lists, newsgroups, or other online resources you could recommend?

    Thnaks for your time.
    _ _ _
    Ian McDougall ian.mcdougal..mode.com