Re: Time to release 0.9.0

From: Anders Peterson (anders_peterso..ptimatika.se)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 12:08:47 EST

    Markus Nolte wrote:

    > There needs to be two paths. One that points to the existing
    > >project (if there is one) and one that points to where you want the new
    > >project.
    >

    > okay, I commit that I was too lazy to create another composite, it's now
    > part of my TODO list

    Thank you!

    > >2) Is 'MyProjectName.proj.src' better than 'src'? Why was this changed?
    > >I tried to rename it, but then things stopped working. Maybe it should
    > >be called 'java_src' since there are other kinds of source files.
    >

    > you can rename the project source folder anyway you like, but the
    > extension
    > must be '.src',
    > subproject source folders cannot be renamed.

    Renaming it with Refactor > Rename in the WOLips Navigator view does
    seem to work.

    I vote for 'java.src' as the default name.

    Where/how can I change the default name?

    > >3) Is it possible to have one file show up in many places in the WOLips
    > >Navigator? So that you could have all java files in one place, all html
    > >files in one, all api ... but also all components, with all five files
    > >together, in one place.
    >

    > good idea, working on great projects is quite difficult, if you have 15+
    > subprojects & components, but all java files
    > in one place will be too much.

    I never used subprojects, but I use frameworks (separate projects)
    extensively.

    How about one place for all java source per (sub)project. That place is
    the root of the package structure.

    Having all the five files available together somewhere would be really
    useful.

    > I'm thinking of a ProjectBuilder like navigation, but I haven't the
    > motivation to implement this, maybe Uli's task ;-)

    PBWO or PBX?

    /Anders