Eclipse on OSX?!

From: Christian Mittendorf (christian.mittendor..reenet.de)
Date: Mon Nov 18 2002 - 05:53:02 EST

    On Montag, November 18, 2002, at 09:43 Uhr, Ulrich Köster wrote:

    > Requires Eclipse 2.1.0

    Hello,
    I'm trying to get started with Eclipse and to evaluate it for WO
    development. However, my biggest problem yet is to get a working
    version...

    I downloaded a number of different builds - but there was no version
    2.1.0... (?)

    And last, no build of Eclipse did run on my machine. I run Jaguar using
    the Java Dev Preview - but it didn't matter wether I used the current
    or the preview java environment. Every version stopped working claiming
    a NoSuchMethodError error.

    $
    /Users/cmittendorf/Desktop/eclipse/Eclipse_2.0.app/Contents/MacOS/
    Eclipse
    [JavaAppLauncher Error] CallStaticVoidMethod() threw an exception
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: <init>
             at apple.launcher.LaunchPList$CFDictionary.nativeGet(Native
    Method)
             at
    apple.launcher.LaunchPList$CFDictionary.get(LaunchPList.java:364)
             at apple.launcher.LaunchPList.getArguments(LaunchPList.java:140)
             at apple.launcher.LaunchRunner.run(LaunchRunner.java:88)
             at apple.launcher.LaunchRunner.callMain(LaunchRunner.java:50)
             at
    apple.launcher.JavaApplicationLauncher.launch(JavaApplicationLauncher.ja
    va:52)

    I know that this is not the Eclipse list - however, I assume that some
    people on this list can help me to get this beast working ;-)

    kind regards
    christian

    P.S. I have one working version - though that version was put together
    "by hand" following instructions I found on the net. I can't think that
    the builds from the eclipse website don't work at all...