Eclipse on OSX - setting a different workspace?

From: Geoff Hopson (ghopso..ac.com)
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 16:05:56 EST

    I know this isn't an eclipse mailing list, but you guys are more likely
    to provide me with the right answer! Forgive me if it's simple - been
    having a bad day!

    I have installed Eclipse in /Developer/Applications (like I think it
    should), but it creates a workspace folder in the same folder on
    startup, which I do not want. I want the workspace to be in
    ~/Projects/workspace, for example.

    I know there is a -data <workspace location> command line flag, and I
    have tried running Eclipse using a variety of different mechanisms, all
    to no avail.
    Eg /Developer/Applications/Eclipse_2.0.app/Contents/MacOS/Eclipse -data
    /Users/ghopson/Projects/workspace

    So do I really need to copy Eclipse_2.0.app to my ~/Projects folder, or
    is there some other magic I need?

    Thanks for the help
    geoff

    --