RE: WOLips 0.9.2 and status + WOProject/WOLips success stories

From: Christian Gruber (cgrube..srafil.net)
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 12:32:08 EST

    Here's a success story:

    We started using WO5.1 on Windows, and I was all like WO RUlEZ! Only it
    became quite apparent, that Project Builder hadn't evolved in any
    significant way since WO4, at least on Windows. Eclipse and WOLips made
    it so easy. I can still use WOBuilder and EOModeler, but with WOLips
    and WOProject, my employees can use WebObjects from within Eclipse.
    This makes our new WO projects first class developer citizens alongside
    our J2EE older (maintainence) projects.

    In short, WOLips staved off developer revolt, and allowed me to pursue a
    WebObjects strategy unimpeded by Apple's lagging IDE.

    Enjoy.
    Cg.