Re: Plugins for html, XML and Ant

From: Anders Peterson (anders_peterso..ptimatika.se)
Date: Thu Dec 12 2002 - 08:16:31 EST

    On torsdag, dec 12, 2002, at 12:11 Europe/Stockholm, Cyrill Rüttimann
    wrote:

    > On Donnerstag, Dezember 12, 2002, at 11:24 Uhr, Anders Peterson wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone have experience (good or bad) with any of these eclipse
    >> plugins?
    >>
    >> http://www.gebit.de/download/planty/planty.html (Ant editing)

    > Is stable, gives you options how to complete if you just type <jav
    > like the java editor including javadoc
    >
    > antview is not working on MacOS X, but now integrated into Eclipse
    > (since M3 and working since Dec. 3) so you will not miss it.

    I don't follow what you are saying about antview.

    I use eclipse i20021210 on Mac and M3 on Win. Does that mean I have not
    seen antview fully functional?

    Can you use antview to edit Ant files - I thought it's only for viewing
    and executing?

    >> http://www.xmlbuddy.com/ (XML...)

    > Is stable, auto completion, hierarchical view of tags

    So this would be a good general purpose XML tool, but for a more
    specific task (like Ant) other plugins are better?

    > Jalopy is also great to format your code, but does not work on MacOS X.

    Have you tried EclipseCheckstyleV2 / com.telesynthesiheckstyle_2.0.0 ?

    I'm going to give http://sourceforge.net/projects/solareclipse/ a try.
    I'd like an html editor plugin.

    /Anders