Re: Plugins for html, XML and Ant

From: Cyrill Rüttimann (ruettima..ac.com)
Date: Thu Dec 12 2002 - 09:17:49 EST

    >> Is stable, gives you options how to complete if you just type <jav
    >> like the java editor including javadoc
    >>
    >> antview is not working on MacOS X, but now integrated into Eclipse
    >> (since M3 and working since Dec. 3) so you will not miss it.
    >
    > I don't follow what you are saying about antview.
    There is a plugin named ant view from a developer and the eclipse team
    has not integrated antview. Did you recognize the difference - one with
    space and one without space. The plugin from the developer does not
    work on MacOS X. Antview from eclipse is only for executing ant
    scripts, and is working properly since Dec. 3. Before, nothing happens
    if you executed an ant task.

    >>> http://www.xmlbuddy.com/ (XML...)
    >
    >> Is stable, auto completion, hierarchical view of tags
    >
    > So this would be a good general purpose XML tool, but for a more
    > specific task (like Ant) other plugins are better?
    Yes, if you install jalopy, all build.xml files are opened with
    jalolopy by default. I recommenend jalopy to edit ant files in favor of
    xmlbuddy.

    >> Jalopy is also great to format your code, but does not work on MacOS
    >> X.
    >
    > Have you tried EclipseCheckstyleV2 / com.telesynthesiheckstyle_2.0.0 ?

    No, I will give it a try - there are to many plug ins available ...

    I am interested how solareclipse works! Have you also tried other
    plugins for the same task?

    Regards,

    Cyrill