Re: Plugins for html, XML and Ant

From: Anders Peterson (anders_peterso..ptimatika.se)
Date: Thu Dec 12 2002 - 12:22:31 EST

    I tested each of these for 5 min.

    1) Planty http://www.gebit.de/download/planty/planty.html (Ant
    editing) I'm keeping it!

    2) SolarEclipse http://sourceforge.net/projects/solareclipse/
    (Web-Application Development Environment - XML/HTML/JSP.) 4 plugins and
    1 feature, but I am not sure what it does. I got rid of it.

    3) XMLBuddy http://www.xmlbuddy.com/ (XML...) I'd like to learn more
    about this. I'm keeping it.

    4) PMD http://sourceforge.net/projects/pmd/ (Java source code
    analyzer) Looks a lot better than I remember from testing it a few
    months ago. I'm keeping it for a while.

    5) Checkstyle http://www.telesynthesis.com/downloads/download.htm
    (Java Code Auditor) I've used this before. It gives you too many
    warnings and slows down your system (you can configure which warnings
    to give, and which projects too check). Maybe I'll keep it, but I'll
    only turn it on for a one or two projects, and I'll have to work on the
    configuration.

    6) Jalopy http://jalopy.sourceforge.net/ (Java source code
    formatter/beautifier) Didn't even try it. The built-in formatter is
    enough for me, and Cyrill said it doesn't work on Mac.

    /Anders