RE: [webobjects-newbies] Re: WebObjects development under Linux/WINE?

From: Christian Gruber (cgrube..srafil.net)
Date: Fri Dec 13 2002 - 11:00:54 EST

    Forget wine, I have used WO on OpenBSD, though not WOProject or WOLips,
    without WINE at all. As Ulrich said, you can't use EOModeler or
    WOBuilder, but you can still do all your development, hand-tooling the
    EOModels, etc.

    Frankly, the day someone comes up with a pure-java EOModeler and
    WOBuilder, I will be extremely happy. ;)

    Cg.

    P.S. I actually prefer Objective-C to Java in general, but since the
    Cocoa frameworks are not being ported off MacOSX, and
    EOModeler/WOBuilder will never be compiled against GNUstep and sold
    off-platform, I'll settle for a pure-java approach. -cg.