Re: [webobjects-newbies] Re: WebObjects development under Linux/WINE?

From: Anjo Krank (anjo.kran..-online.de)
Date: Fri Dec 13 2002 - 15:14:59 EST

    Hi Ulrich,

    See for yourself, that it is not much code, it only uses common
    EOAccess API:

    http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/wonder/Wonder/
    Experimental/DevStudio/Sources/ag/kcmedia/
    EOModeler.java?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

    One of the easier ways I can imagine to get it working in Eclipse would
    be to use the HTML functionality in the GUI toolkit and point it over
    to the running WO app (can the Eclipse toolkit handle Forms?).

    That's certainly not very elegant, but I found it *far* easier and
    faster to create a WO app than a swing-based (or other GUI based) ones.
    I made up that thing in two afternoons, and - baring you create a
    useful set of EOPrototypes with some other means - you can quite
    efficiently edit your schema with it. Some things like saving and
    actual SQL execution are missing, but require only a few lines of code.

    The RuleEditor is not so functional but is in part more powerful than
    the apple version - you can have a userInfo where you can put comments
    and stuff into in your rules.

    Screenshots of DevStudio can be found at (sorry, all TIFs):

    http://www.prnet.de/RegEx/eom.tif [EOModeler]
    http://www.prnet.de/RegEx/re.tiff [RuleEditor]
    http://www.prnet.de/RegEx/jb.tiff [JavaBrowser]

    But this app is only a fun-stuff project...

    Cheers, Anjo

    Am Freitag, 13.12.02, um 18:59 Uhr (Europe/Berlin) schrieb Ulrich
    Köster: