Re: [webobjects-newbies] Re: WebObjects development under Linux/WINE?

From: Anjo Krank (anjo.kran..-online.de)
Date: Fri Dec 13 2002 - 15:27:19 EST

    Hi Anders,

    Am Freitag, 13.12.02, um 18:58 Uhr (Europe/Berlin) schrieb Anders
    Peterson:

    > What are the chances that this will result in eclipse plugins that
    > replace EOModeler, RuleEditor and WOBuilder? WOLips *only* replaces
    > ProjectBuilder. /Anders

    I don't really think that you can create a replacement of WOBuilder for
    yourself. It´s just too much work to do a reasonable HTML editor by
    itself, even without the WO extensions. However, apple is paying a
    university project over in Australia that will make a Dreamweaver
    plugin for WO (or, baring it will not work, a GoLive plugin). Once this
    is finished, it will be placed on - guess where - Project Wonder :)

    Another thing I thought about was to create a template parser that will
    do away with the unnerving .wo wrapper and the seperation of .wod, .woo
    and .html and create only one HTML file with a syntax like <table
    id=someName width=someBinding webobjects=SomeTableClass> and
    <webobjects:SomeCustomClass id=someOtherName > to better integrate into
    existing tools like DreamWeaver. However, this would make development
    even more proprietary than it is now even if it would be easy to write
    a conversion script for all the existing elements.

    Cheers, Anjo